Empire Premier League
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Empire Premier League

The finest Blood Bowl League in the Old World

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

2 or 4 minute turns poll

Go down 
+2
*Danger*
Admin
6 posters

How long should turns be?
2:00
2 or 4 minute turns poll I_vote_lcap43%2 or 4 minute turns poll I_vote_rcap
 43% [ 3 ]
4:00
2 or 4 minute turns poll I_vote_lcap57%2 or 4 minute turns poll I_vote_rcap
 57% [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 7

Poll closed

AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin

2 or 4 minute turns poll Empty
PostSubject: 2 or 4 minute turns poll   2 or 4 minute turns poll I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 30, 2011 12:10 am

I usually like to play 2 minute turns, but league matches can require a bunch of thinking so I can see playing 4 minutes also, so i'll leave it to the coaches to decide how long turns are, please vote so I can adjust the rules of the league accordingly.
Back to top Go down
https://empirepremierleague.forumotion.com
*Danger*

*Danger*

PostSubject: 2-4 min. option   2 or 4 minute turns poll I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 03, 2012 5:15 am

Thanks admin for the option. I am much like yourself with regards to enjoying the 2 minute game, but when it comes to competitions that bit of extra time can help and make for a more relaxing and enjoyable game with perhaps a little banter whilst playing. So it's 4 mins for me but wont be too dissapointed if it's just 2. After all that was what it was originally, so the change to 4 would just be a bonus. Thanks once again admin. Good job
Back to top Go down
Intense2582

Intense2582

PostSubject: The functional four minutes :)   2 or 4 minute turns poll I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 03, 2012 10:35 am

With regards to personal internet lag, and having to wait for each ( piece/player ) to resolve its action before moving another, and all the little mouse clicks we must do ( to choose dice and determine follow up ) where if we were playing the actual board game are almost instinctive, All! of those things adds up to a bit more time spent just in the interface of this game. Add in the extra thinking and social aspect of the game... you have turns that if on a two minute timer would be cutting it close to a turn over, and the only argument I've heard against four minute turns is that the game " takes too long "... Personally I feel its more beneficial to have longer turns that are more complete and enjoyable for all the players to focus on the game... rather than to run out of time because one player cant react as fast as another. I like having the ability to survey the field determine my blocks and make my actions ( rushing through the process just means there's more opportunity to make mistakes ). We all know that not every turn is going to last the full four minutes or two minutes, because of failed actions and turn-overs, but i can assume that there's been at least one time where each one of us has said " AHHHH! if only i had one more block! " So in conclusion I feel the four minute turn , even though some may feel it drags the game on a bit, is much better in the long run for internet leagues.
Back to top Go down
Niemand

Niemand

PostSubject: Re: 2 or 4 minute turns poll   2 or 4 minute turns poll I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 05, 2012 10:56 pm

Usually I play 2min turns, but that's in the public open leagues where there are lots of disconnectors, insulters, cheaters, laggers, etc.

In a fair play environment, which this league hopefully is (and in many tight situations, regardless of league/opponent/cheats), I'd find 4mins very acceptable/nice, as well.

Maybe leave it up to the coaches if they want to play 2 or 4 mins?

If that can vary from match to match, that is. Smile

(Almost no experience in private leagues yet. Smile)

Back to top Go down
Vortexxx

PostSubject: Re: 2 or 4 minute turns poll   2 or 4 minute turns poll I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 06, 2012 11:00 pm

Why can't I vote on this thing? Anyway, I'd like 4 mins per turn as still new and I spend a fair bit of time fighting with the interface and trying to recognize my players.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: 2 or 4 minute turns poll   2 or 4 minute turns poll I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 07, 2012 2:59 am

IK'll set it for 4 for week 2 and on.
Back to top Go down
https://empirepremierleague.forumotion.com
Vortexxx

PostSubject: Re: 2 or 4 minute turns poll   2 or 4 minute turns poll I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 11, 2012 10:12 pm

Hate to be a nag but I noticed the timer is still set for 2 mins.
Back to top Go down
Nhalok

PostSubject: 4 FOR ME PLEASE!   2 or 4 minute turns poll I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 16, 2012 11:45 pm

I think it has been succinctly put re the pros and cons in the previous posts so no elaboration here, simply putting my hand up for 4.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 2 or 4 minute turns poll   2 or 4 minute turns poll I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

2 or 4 minute turns poll
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Empire Premier League :: Empire Premier League :: Empire Premier League-
Jump to: